Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 1: My 29th Year Begins

I turned 29 yesterday. Along with turning 29 came having to answer the following question a ridiculous amount of times:

"How do you feel?"

Omigosh, It's like the world is expecting me to have a meltdown because I'm one year from the dreaded 30th bday.

My 20s won't be that hard to let go of... at least right now it doesn't seem like that.

I love my friends and family and I've been blessed with a life so exciting and adventurous that many women spend their lives reading books to vicariously experience the places I've been able to visit, exotic foods I've eaten and wonderful friendships I've enjoyed.

You can't have a meltdown when your heart is overflowing with gratitude at what you've got.

My life is filled with wondrous treasures... and I am going to spend my 29th year enjoying every one of them... and keeping an eye out for the ones I probably take for granted.

Life is fragile...
People are beautiful...
Relationships are hard...
and God has a perfect plan!

For the next year, until the day I turn 30, I'm sharing my treasures and documenting my joy.




No comments: