Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 23: Coming out of a Slump

Sometimes you gotta step back from everything that is normal in your life and see what you want to do now, not just what you've always done.

For years I've spent multiple days of my week investing in the men and women in my life, going to coffee dates and loving every bit of it. A few months ago I decided to remove myself from the normal way I do things and see what stuff I've always done by habit is actually what I want to do by choice at this point in my life.

I stopped going on coffee dates and investing so much of myself in others. It was a good break to relax and recharge my batteries, but a couple weeks ago I felt the desire to start investing and connecting with the people in my life again.

Today was a record quality time day in the scope of the last few months. I loved every second. I had breakfast with a friend, stopped by a coffee shop, met another friend for lunch, did another friend's hair, hung out with my sisters, made dinner and watched a movie with my old roommates, headed to a movie with a bunch of friends late at night and went back to my sister's house to smoke hookah and sip tea until 4am.

I went home and realized I didn't have a "peopled out" feeling like I would've a few months ago after a long day like this.

My break was good. Now I'm looking forward to getting connected again.

For everything there is a time and a season...

No comments: