Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 8: Read and Relax

Today I read so much fiction. I loved every luxurious minute.

When I was 4 years old, my mom taught me to read. For every word I read, she would would give me a skittle. That didn't last past the first week, since eventually I was devouring books as if they held the treasures of Atlantis. My love for books carried on through my childhood and adulthood.

Although I love reading, these days I rarely find the time to escape into a good book. My problem is that I'm singularly minded to the storyline when I start it. Stopping to sleep or work when I dont know the ending of a book is so frustrating for me! It's like stopping a movie halfway through.

This year I've discovered the Kindle app on my iPhone. I've downloaded so many free books. I am so excited to get lost in fantasy, fiction and true stories about life, love, Christ and adventure this winter on my free time.

Me time equals book time...

No comments: