Friday, August 29, 2008

the ball keeps rollin...

Holy crap, I'm freakin excited!

You’d think that would be enough of an amazing testimony about how he’s providing, wouldn’t you? Nope… his plans and purposes FAR exceed anything I could hope for. My friend Rebecca Shaevitz was telling her roommate and coworker, Michele (who is in her last year at seminary), about what God was doing with my trip to Africa, and the Holy Spirit impressed on Michele that she was to go as well. She didn’t know how she would get a plane ticket as they go up in price more and more every day, and she didn’t have the money to purchase one. Well, God had a plan for that as well – he always does, doesn’t he? She asked her boss for the month of January off, and her boss said something like “Absolutely… and I would like to buy your plane ticket. Would you allow me to do that?” I think at this point Michele actually said “Uh… yes?” as if it was even a question?!?! Yet again… God prepares the way before us.

Michele purchased her flight yesterday, and God provided a great price for the exact flights I booked my ticket on - with seats right next to mine. He has brought us together on this trip, and we are in suspense waiting for how next he will continue to guide our paths on this amazing adventure!

So… Michele will be going with me and earning credit for her Union Degree, studying the structure and ministries if TI; I will be going to learn the ins and outs of the ministry as well, seeing up close and personal the ministry I help support with my time here in the states. It’s this weird thing though that I’m going through right now - I hesitate to make any predictions on what my time there will be like. There is a stirring of Spirit in me that makes me think He has much more planned for my time there than I could ever imagine or expect.

I covet your prayers - and advice - for my trip. Even with four months until liftoff, I get more excited every day!!

No comments: