Friday, August 1, 2008

backstube austrian bakery

i have recently been obsessed with a little austrian bakery cafe that's been in reno for years and years, but that i never was aware of. my sister took me there a couple months ago, and recently i returned to backstube's tasty goodness, convincing friends and coworkers alike, to join me for lunch. it gave me an excuse to have their AMAZING chicken salad which just - honestly! - rocks my world.

light but filling, and oh so beautifully arranged on whatever china they have, their food is amazing and the owners and staff are so friendly and helpful. their specialty is austrian pastries of all kinds, from the decadent cakes to light and fluffy eclairs... but don't let their baked goods fool you into thinking they can't make a mean lunch.

the lunch menu printed on one 8 1/2 x 11 laminated page of stationery, packs a mouthful of taste for its few specialties. soups, salads, sandwiches and a store full of desserts await your palette if you're in the mood for a mouthful of tasty goodness that is seldom rivaled in the visual and culinary quisine usually found in mom and pop places.

check it out... you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think we should have a lunch date at this fabulous find!! Let me know when, and I'll pack the girls up for a lunch date with Auntie Hopie