Friday, December 19, 2008

14 days

i leave for africa in 14 days.

14 days.

holy mother!

i've never been out of the country before, so i'm a bit nervous, but i know it'll all be good. my friend michele and i are sooooo excited. i drive down to her house in the bay area, on jan 1st, and then we leave from SFO around 12pm on jan 2nd. we'll fly to london and have 12 hours from 7am to 7pm, to bum around london. then we hop on our plane again and go to nairobi where we will meet up with the dan man, and get on some form of ghetto fabulous african "transporation" and travel 10 hours to kitale, kenya.

omigosh its probably going to be so long and exhausting, but i dont even care... not in the least bit. wanna know why?

'CUZ I'M GOING TO AFRICA!!

freaking exciting, is what that is...

so that's the plan for now. i've been getting travel advice from everyone who's been there, and keeping a running list of what i'll need to pack in my suitcase. i'm going to recruit some friends to help me pack - and eliminate certain things - from my suitcase next week.

i'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

YAY! So excited for you Hope! When you get back I will be in Texas! You are going to have an amazing time! I cannot wait to hear about the trip! And I do want to hear about it! :-)