Monday, July 28, 2008

mr. big mac makes a move

i went to run an errand today on my lunch break, and got done a bit early. i decided to grab a quick bite to eat at mcdonalds. little did i know this fast food visit would be blog-worthy.

upon walking in, a goodlooking hispanic man (i will call him Mr. Big Mac) raised his eyebrows and checked me out as i walked past his table. now, mind you a girl has her "i look good and i know it" days, and let me just say today was one of mine... cute white sandals, cute white summer skirt, and even cuter polka-dot layered top with adorable earrings and sunglasses.

i felt good, and i knew why he was lookin... nothing causes more head-turns than a woman confident in her beauty.

(yeah... that's right. ms. humility herself, right here... mmhmmm)

so Mr. Big Mac eyes me as i walk to the counter and i just smile to myself as i go about ordering my lunch.

i got my drink cup and walked around another customer over to the beverage station where i would be getting my cup of liquid sugar sodapop to eat with my carefully thrown together heart attack hamburger and quadruple bypass french fries. out of the corner of my eye i saw some movement.

Mr. Big Mac had decided to make a move.

he glanced my way and started briskly walking towards me, not even seeing the lady customer he was about to collide with. his chest hit her elbow, and his eyes jerked from me in surprise as her empty drink cup flew into the air and she let out a muffled gasp.

moment ruined. any would-be-smooth lines tarnished by the collision, he gave me an embarrassed smile, apologized to the woman he collided with, and walked out the door.

i was trying not to laugh out loud, both flattered by his attentiveness that ended up in a collision with another patron, and sorry for the blow to his pride. as i put the lid on my drink and turned around, i saw two college guys snickering in line as they averted their eyes from Mr. Big Mac walking out the door.

at that point i really DID let out a little laugh on the trek to my table...

poor Mr. Big Mac. better luck next time.

No comments: